Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Meet: Souvenir Curio Shop


There is best way to get to know some one is to listen to there story, you get a better idea of what they are really about. And we thought how great it would be for  you to get to know some of the vendors at the Buford Highway Flea Market. Each week we will present you with a new vendor story... enjoy!





Jeremie Creste has been in business for 23 years, he first set up his booth space in August of 1988 and has been selling his exotic goodies ever since. Born in the French Guyana, in the city of Cayenne. I came to this country in 1977, to Cincinnati. I went to school there and then joined the army after I finished high school. I was in the army for 13 years and left being a captain. At the time I was stationed in Fort Bening (in Columbus, GA).  After leaving the services I went on to travel for nine months, during which I fell in love with the wood carvings and oil paintings I saw , so I purchase a good size inventory and decided to start a business selling them. I came to Atlanta, because it was the closest big city, and it was a vibrant place to start  my business.





When I first starting selling my items I wend downtown, but was told by other merchants that I would need a permit, when I went to obtain one the man told me "Man you should go to the Buford highway flea market, that's where you will sell your merchandise like crazy." So I did and I have been doing it for the last 23 years. I've been able to make a good living and give my family a home. I still feel as young as I did the day I started.

Currently we offer a wide variety of things. including a beautiful selection of religious motives, figures, and paintings like "The Las Supper", Virgin of Guadalupe, Virgin Mary, and so on. I also carry a good assorting of decoration lamps, and toys. But that is just a small example of what I sell. Basically you can be sure that you will be able to find a gift that will have your friends or loved ones amazed. You can find me in booth 314, the best known corner of The Market. My mechanical puppies we be happy to see you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment